About Me

My photo
Decisions...decisions. Some good...some not so good. One thing is for sure-the more questionable the decision the more entertaining the story.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Walking My Talk

Tony is talking straight at me!
My daughter and I just completed another workout.  My hero is Tony Horton.  He transforms people in a mere 90 days.  After completing the "Sweat' work out my daughter and I jump on the scale.  Not because we think we think we drastically shed enormous amounts of weight while working out, but just to monitor our progress.  After all... we are on Day 14 of our transformation.  My daughter has lost 1 pound and have managed to maintain my weight.  Let's hold the celebration on that for now.

Well the skinny of it (yes, pun intended) I was hoping to have seen at least a couple of pounds of a difference, but I get this ticklish feeling just thinking about that.  Seriously-how can that happen if I pretty much eat all that I want?  Lately I've been in "I deserve that and more" mode and not really focused on Tony's transformation eating plan for me.  I generally eat healthy, so it's not the type of food I'm eating that's keeping me from really seeing my transformation--it's my portions.  If I like something- I have more and that translates into seconds which probably isn't going to get me "transformed" anytime soon.

So tonight I ponder.  Can I walk my talk?  Tony preaches the 70%-30% rule.  30% of the transformation is the working out.  I continue to press play and I'm there.  Now as for the 70% rule that's going to be the challenge.  So as of today I promise myself to do two things things for the next week:  Drink my water and green tea like it's going out of style and no more seconds.  Yes-only one portion per meal.  I immediately run to my beloved grainy bread bag...as I suspected-one slice of bread is a portion.  So that's where it starts.  I have to re-educate my mind.  Food is fuel and only the best fuel will do...and that means watching quantity as well as quality.

I'm not going to beat myself up for not addressing my food pyramid.  Life is too short for that, and plus wasn't ignorance a wonderful thing?  I've enjoyed every morsel, but now I know what I didn't know--or perhaps kind of forgot!  This isn't about self deprivation...oh no, I won't have any part of that.  This is about learning moderation and continuing to embrace a healthy lifestyle.

Are you having the correct portions?  Your guess is as good as mine.  The good news-I will go back to tracking everything I eat and perhaps the next time you read my blog I will share with you all the other discovered inflated portions I have been having-and now don't have.  A summer beach body is in my future, so let's get this beach party started.




No comments:

Post a Comment