About Me

My photo
Decisions...decisions. Some good...some not so good. One thing is for sure-the more questionable the decision the more entertaining the story.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Morning interview- Don't skip breakfast

I'll never forget when I was on the other end of the interviewing process as a Human Resources Manager for a media company.  I interviewed a young man for a sales position and for the next 30 minutes pretended not to hear the hungry growls coming from his apparently very hungry stomach!

Rule of thumb-never skip breakfast when you have a morning interview.  My favorite pre-interview breakfast is slightly toasted whole grain bread, wonderfully buttered with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon sharing a plate with a whole apple cut into small cubes.  (I have braces so the whole apple I prefer is just a dream for now).  Along with my green tea- this perfect breakfast carries me through the morning without a single growl from my tummy!  Only use generous sprinkles of cinnamon if you are accustomed to doing so (might upset your stomach), otherwise just stick to a light sprinkle.  Cinnamon is known among my diabetic friends for stabilizing sugar levels.  I'm not a diabetic, but I really like the taste of cinnamon on my toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment